Whether you’re trying to eat more greens or just love meatballs, these turkey spinach meatballs are the perfect combo of delicious and healthy!
I’m sure spinach isn’t at the top of any child’s list of things they like to eat, but, like most leafy greens, it is such a good a great source of so many healthy vitamins and minerals, like iron and vitamin A, to name a couple. I don’t have kids, but these meatballs would be the perfect way to “trick” your kids into eating some more greens. Because, who doesn’t love meatballs? Smother these in some tomato sauce with zoodles or pasta, and you won’t have to force your kids to eat that side of broccoli!
Turkey Spinach Meatballs
Yield 4 servings
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf spinach, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the spinach, garlic, scallions, turkey, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Using a fork or your hands, mix the ingredients thoroughly and roll into 1 inch balls.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. In multiple batches if necessary, cook the meatballs on all side until they brown.
- Place the skillet in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until
- Serve over zucchini noodles with a some tomato sauce and cheese.
Courses Lunch or Dinner