This cucumber and avocado Sriracha salad is so easy to make, and is such a hit with everyone. I’m not a huge hot sauce person, so I’m not Sriracha-obsessed like so many others, but even I love the kick this salad has. What is so great about the heat that the Sriracha brings to the dressing is that it is so well balanced by the yogurt and lime juice.
This is such a fun twist on a ‘salad,’ because it’s got almost a comfort food feel to it, yet it’s so healthy. I’ve seen this made before with mayonnaise, but it is so much better with the greek yogurt. If you’re dairy-free, I suppose you could try it out with a tart/plain dairy substitute yogurt, but I can’t vouch for the end result, having not made it myself before…
As for cucumbers, there are so many different kinds, of which you can use any, but my preference is definitely for seedless cucumbers. I think the cute little Persian cucumbers look nice because they can be cut into little bite-sized rounds, but it’s up to you!
Cucumber, Avocado, Sriracha Salad
Yield 4 servings
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 large avocado
- 4 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or more, depending on your spice level)
- 1/2 lime, juiced (or more, to taste)
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop the cucumbers and avocado into chunks.
- Mix together the yogurt, Sriracha, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Season to taste with more Sriracha, lime, or yogurt.
- Drizzle the dressing onto the cucumber/avocado mixture and toss gently to avoid mushing up the avocado.
Modified from smittenkitchen.com
Courses Lunch or Dinner