With fourth of July just around the corner, summer is officially here. And, that calls for some delicious summer salads. To me, a summer salad really consists of fresh, easy ingredients and lots of color. With the golden raisins, red radishes, and green celery, this salad is exactly that.
I took a cooking class at The Institute of Culinary Education this past week in New York, and although I had an incredibly fun time, I have to say, I am french-fooded out! With at least four courses for lunch the past five days, I am in desperate need of a cleanse. Talk about delicious, but I just don’t usually cook or eat like that. So all I am craving right, and probably will be for the next few days, are fresh, healthy salads like this one.
Salads are also an extremely easy side (or main dish) to make for lunch or dinner. Add some protein on the side, and you’ve got a well-balanced, healthy meal. I love to have fresh vegetables pre-sliced or chopped in my fridge as an easy snack to grab, and it makes it infinitely easier to pull a quick salad together.
Spinach Salad with Feta, Radish, and Celery
Yield 4 servings
- 5-7 ounces baby spinach (stems trimmed off)
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup loosely packed celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 pound feta, cubed
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients.
- Add the dressing and toss to serve.
Courses Lunch or Dinner