Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
Yield about 4 servings
A cold, snowy day calls for some hot, spicy soup!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth (chicken broth is fine too)
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 1 1/3 cups lite coconut milk (you can definitely add more if you want the soup to be creamier)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add in the ginger and curry paste, and stir to combine with the garlic. Continue cooking for about one minute.
- Add the vegetable broth and butternut squash into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer then cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the butternut squash is tender.
- Carefully pour the contents of the pot into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in the coconut milk, lime juice, salt, pepper, and Sriracha and blend until mixed, (saving a little bit of coconut milk to garnish.)
- Serve warm.