Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad
Yield 4-6 servings
While I find this to be a really refreshing salad in the summer, Brussels sprouts really have a cozy implication in my mind, so I love this in the winter too. This dressing is so delicious, you'll want to put it on everything!
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced (this can be left out if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons agave (honey, maple syrup, or another sweetener would work fine)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups Brussels sprouts (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, Pecorino, or Asiago cheese
- Whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, shallots, and agave until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (You can add more olive oil, lemon, or agave to your preferred sweetness or acidity.)
- Shred the Brussels sprouts. This can be done in a food processor or by hand, depending on your preference.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts, pine nuts and dressing in a large bowl. Add the cheese and serve immediately.
You can, of course, use kale instead of Brussels sprouts, or use a mixture of the two.
Adapted from justataste.com
Courses Lunch or Dinner