This sauce is seriously delicious! Add it to any dessert or anything that needs a touch of decadence for a great sweet treat.
Salted Caramel Sauce
Yield 1 1/2 cups
Add this to ice cream, to oatmeal, to banana bread.... the possibilities are endless!
- 1 cup raw brown cane sugar
- 1/3 cup water (add more, if needed)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- In a saucepan, combine and stir the sugar and water over medium-low heat until the sugar is melted.
- Once melted, increase the heat to make the mixture boil. Don't stir for this step!
- Boil for about 8-10 minutes, until it has turned to a deeper brown color and has thickened somewhat. (Don't worry if it isn't as thick as you'd like, we can thicken it up a bit more at the end).
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the heavy cream and butter.
- If the desired thickness was achieved, then transfer the caramel into a small bowl to cool. If not, continue to boil and stir the mixture until it boils down a bit more.
- Drizzle away!