While the prep on this takes a bit more time than you’re typical “throw it in the pot” slow cooker dish, it is very worth it. Prep in advance and you’ll be free to deal with your sides, etc. come dinner time.
Rosemary Ricotta (Slow Cooker) Chicken
Yield 4 servings
A delicious dish that takes a little bit of pre-slow cooker prep, but it's worth it.
- kitchen twine
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, washed and chopped
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the ricotta, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slice a pocket into the chicken breasts, and add the cheese mixture, evenly throughout the chicken. Roll up and tie with the twine (or just tie with the twine as is).
- Heat up olive oil in a large skillet. Once hot, add the chicken to brown it on all side (about three minutes per side).
- Pour the wine and chicken broth into the slow cooker.
- Gently place the chicken into the slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low, turning every couple of hours.
- Don't forget to remove the twine to serve! Also, feel free to create a roux and thicken up the sauce a bit to pour over when serving.