I’m sure part of everyone’s New Year’s resolutions include eating healthier – I know mine do. These delicious roasted delicata squash will help you want to keep those resolutions…Super easy to make and really versatile, these roasted squash slices go great as a side dish, in a salad, or cut thinly to make chips. I really love roasted vegetables in general, but I love the sweet and salty mix that comes from roasting squash, in particular. I also find that these delicata squash are somewhat easier to manage than larger squash varieties, in terms of preparation. Plus, the tiger-like stripes on their exterior give them an exotic look that I love!
Roasted Delicata Squash
Yield 2 servings
- 1 delicata squash
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut both ends off of the delicata squash, scoop out the seeds, and slice into semi-circle pieces (per the photos).
- In a medium bowl, toss the squash slices with avocado oil, salt and pepper.
- Place (as spaced out as possible) onto a baking sheet.
- Cook for about 30-40 minutes, flipping over the squash halfway, until they are golden brown on both sides.
Courses Lunch or Dinner