Cauliflower is having a moment right now, and I’m all for it. It is so versatile and delicious, even on it’s own, yet it obviously tastes so much better spiced with curry in this dish. Not to mention the pistachio dressing…
This dish is really easy to make, yet so flavorful. While this dish might not be the most ‘summery’ dish in the world, it’s really great year round. The combination of flavors all compliment each other well, from the curry to the pistachio and vinegar, there is no doubt this dish will impress your guests. Plus, you’ll have leftover pistachio sauce that you can use on other dishes!
Roasted Curry Cauliflower with Pistachio Dressing
Yield 2 servings
For the cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red onion, cut into rounds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, red onion, olive oil, curry powder, and sea salt.
- Put the mixture onto a baking pan and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly browned and tender
- While the cauliflower is cooking, combing all of the ingredients for the dressing in a blender or food processor and combine until creamy, but still slightly chunky.
- Pour the dressing into a serving bowl.
- When the cauliflower and onions are cooked, put them in a serving bowl and drizzle with the dressing to serve.
Recipe from Dr. Alejandro Junger's book Clean Eats.
Courses Lunch or Dinner