If your New Year’s resolution involves waking up early to work out or whatever else you have in mind, you’ll definitely want to have these energy bites on hand…
Delicious, easy to make, and even better to have in your fridge for when you’re on the go, these maple pecan energy bites are just what you’ll want this winter. The maple and pecan flavors inherently fill you with a warm, cozy feeling that you’ll want now that the dreaded January and February weather is upon us. These are seriously as easy as putting the ingredients into the food processor and turning it on. So easy, in fact, that you’ll make these once and keep thanking me for the rest of two weeks it takes you to eat them. Grab them for a quick breakfast, pre-workout snack, or protein filled dessert any time you need a little something sweet, but still want to stick to your goals for the New Year!
Raw Maple Pecan Energy Bites
Yield ~10 balls
- 6-7 Medjool Dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- pinch of sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Pulse until blended, but still somewhat chunky.
- Using a tablespoon or a spoon, roll into small balls.
- Place on a baking sheet or tray lined in parchment paper.
- Put the tray into the freezer for about 30 minutes for the balls to harden.
- Store in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
Courses Breakfast or Snack