I love pumpkin and all types of squash. They really just have this amazing feeling of warmth and seasonality to them, so I particularly love them in the cold weather. Though I realize some people aren’t super into pumpkin, so this may not be the perfect dish for everyone, but for those of you who like pumpkin, it’s definitely worth a try.
This is a quick and easy side dish to whip up – really, it takes maybe 15 minutes. It’s super healthy and clean, but most importantly, it also tastes great and is somehow super filling. It is also completely customizable – you can add cinnamon if you’d like something a little sweeter, or spice it up with more pepper, whatever you want. It’s a seasonal favorite of ours, and is great for leftovers.
Pumpkin Cauliflower Risotto
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- one large head of cauliflower, riced (or a pre-riced bag, if available)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (you can use lite coconut milk if you'd like to make it a little healthier)
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the cauliflower.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes, until soft.
- Once the cauliflower is the desired consistency, add the coconut milk, pumpkin, and spices. Mix to combine.
- Serve warm.