I haven’t made these in years, but I promise you they are a crowd pleaser! These bars were some of my favorites as a kid. Peanut butter + chocolate… what more could you want??
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Yield 6, 2 in. squares - more than enough per person
Reese's ain't got nothing on you!
- 1 container of peanut butter (15 oz ) – totally your choice on brand and smooth vs. crunchy, but I try to stay as natural as possible
- 1 stick of butter (definitely salted if your peanut butter was unsalted)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 box of graham cracker crumbs (13.5oz)
- 1 bags semisweet chocolate chips
- baking dish or refrigerator-safe container (I use an 8x8 pan)
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over low heat .
- Add peanut butter and melt together until smooth, then add the coconut sugar. Allow the coconut sugar to melt into the mixture somewhat, (2-3 minutes) but don’t worry about it remaining slightly granular.
- Pour the graham cracker crumbs into a medium sized bowl.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the bowl and mix until thoroughly combined
- Spread the mixture into a baking dish evenly and press it down to the bottom, creating a flattened surface.
- Place the baking dish on a flat surface in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- When ready, pour the chocolate into a double boiler and melt until creamy. (You can also definitely just plop it in a glass bowl in the microwave too, just be careful not to burn it!)
- Once smooth, pour the chocolate onto the peanut mixture from the fridge and spread it evenly around the pan.
- Leave to firm up in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Once firm, remove from the fridge and cut into squares.