Yield 5-6 servings
You won't be missing those potatoes or cream one bit!!!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Chop the cauliflower head very finely, or throw it in the blender to rice it.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pot on medium high. Add the cauliflower in and sauté for about 3 minutes, or until the cauliflower starts to turn a little translucent.
- Add the water (or enough water until the cauliflower is just covered) and boil for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the liquid and then drain the cauliflower.
- Add the cauliflower into a blender, or use an immersion blender to blend until desired consistency, adding the reserved liquid back in until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Feel free to add cheese, or anything else at this point to change the flavor.
- Season to taste.
Recipe inspired by Kitchn