Nothing goes better with chicken than lemon and garlic. Definitely make sure your significant other, or whoever you plan on smooching, also has some of this lemon garlic chicken!
An easy, and quick Ina Garten special, this recipe is definitely something to keep in your repertoire. That said, I’ve tweaked it a bit over the course of making it, because unless you’re an absolute garlic fanatic, the original is a bit too garlicky for my taste. But, by all means, feel free to add as much as you want!
One thing to note with this recipe, and all others using wine is that generally, in cooking with white wines, I like to use a dry white wine, like a pinot grigio. However, the wine choice is totally up to you, and you can fiddle with the flavor a bit by using different types of wine.
Lemon Garlic Chicken Breasts
Yield 4 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (about 6 cloves) minced garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine (preferably dry)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about two lemons)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil over medium low in a small saucepan, and add the garlic to cook for about one minute. Do NOT let the garlic turn brown or burn, or it will taste bitter.
- After about a minute, turn off the heat, and add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt. Pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- Season the chicken breasts with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and place the chicken into the baking dish
- Cut the lemon into wedges and place it in the dish with the chicken.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning the chicken over at about halfway, until they are fully cooked.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the juices and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Barefootcontessa.com.
Courses Lunch or Dinner