This is my absolute favorite salad dressing. It is so delicious, with the lemon and mustard flavors just lighting up your taste buds. I posted the Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with it previously, but I figured that since I use it on so many other different salads, it maybe deserved a post of its own.
The strength of flavor (and amount of lemon) allows you to use this on the toughest greens. I say that because I would consider Brussels sprouts and kale to be tough, hearty greens that are a bit coarse for some people’s taste. But with this dressing, it helps to break down the fiber and make it more palatable.
Lemon Dijon Salad Dressing
Yield about 4 servings
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced (this can be left out if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons agave (honey, maple syrup, or another sweetener would work fine)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, shallots, and agave until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (You can add more olive oil, lemon, or agave to your preferred sweetness or acidity.)
Adapted from justataste.com