If you’re like me, sometimes you’re just in the mood for something simple, tasty, and easy. This Honey Balsamic-Glazed Chicken is exactly that. Plus, if you can add healthy to that list, it’s pretty much my ideal dish.
When you don’t have a lot of time on your hands and want to make a healthy dinner fast, this is the protein dish you should be making. What makes it even better is that you probably have everything you need to make this right in your pantry. Now, keep in mind that I generally tend to use skinless, boneless chicken breasts when I cook because they’re the leanest cut, but you can definitely make this with thighs or any other cut of chicken you’d prefer.
Any great tasting dish that you can make quickly is a big winner in my book – you should definitely add this to your repertoire.
Honey Balsamic-Glazed Chicken Breasts
Yield 4 servings
- olive oil
- four chicken breasts
- sea salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- While it heats up, pound the chicken breasts with a mallet to be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Season the chicken breasts and add them to the headed skillet to brown on both sides.
- While they cook, combine the balsamic glaze, honey, and chicken stock.
- Add the balsamic mixture to the chicken and allow the balasamic mixture to thicken and coat the chicken on both sides.
- Continue cooking until the chicken is thoroughly cooked throughout.
Courses Lunch or Dinner