When you’re looking for a sweet treat that won’t undo the workouts you’ve done since Thanksgiving, grab one of these delicious and healthy frozen yogurt bites.
The best thing about these froyo bites is that they are totally customizable with whatever topping you want! Here I used some blueberries on half, and coconut and dark chocolate chunks on the other half. But you can add anything from fruit to gummy bears, depending on whom you’re making these for.
Additionally, you definitely could make these with almond or coconut yogurt if you are dairy-free. Just keep in mind that if you’re using a flavored yogurt, you don’t necessarily need to add the extra sweetness with the honey. Give the yogurt a taste first. I love the combination of a more tart yogurt with the sweetness of the honey.
You can use a muffin tin with liners to make these, or my favorite are these silicone cupcake molds, which make it easy to pop the frozen yogurt bites in and out.
Frozen Yogurt Bites
Yield 6 servings
- 1/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut or date sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 cup topping of choice (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, etc!)
- Use either silicone muffin cups or line a muffin tin with liners or silicone.
- In a small bowl, mix the almond flour, sugar and coconut oil.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the 6 muffin tins and press down to create a crust.
- In another small bowl, mix the yogurt and honey together.
- Spread it evenly on top of the crust.
- Top with whatever topping you desire.
- Freeze until firm and then remove from the freezer at least 10 minutes before serving to allow it to soften up a little.
Recipe from SkinnyMs.
Courses Dessert or Snack