Brussels sprouts: some people hate them and some people are obsessed. I side with the latter, for sure. They are such a versatile vegetable that can be grilled, steamed, fried, raw, roasted, and even boiled (but… yuck.) I have touted my love for them raw in salad form, but my favorite has got to be roasted and crispy, like these.
There’s nothing better than really crispy Brussels sprouts. Oh, except when they’re topped with a bit of Parmesan, of course! The combination of toasted walnuts, lemon, and parmesan make this Brussels sprout dish a no-brainer. Plus, it’s totally easy. A definite dish to keep in your repertoire for weeknight dinners.
Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts and Parmesan
Yield 2-4 servings
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1.5 pound Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- on a large baking pan, toast the walnuts until they begin to brown. Then set aside.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 450
- Toss the Brussels sprouts in olive oil to coat and season with salt and pepper.
- place on the baking pan and cook until tender and crispy, about 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool somewhat.
- Toss with walnuts, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
Courses Lunch or Dinner