This baked coconut dessert is almost too easy to throw together, and the end result is delicious. If a creme brûlée and a coconut had a baby, it would be this dessert. It’s not overly sweet, just creamy and delicious. Warning: if you don’t like coconut, this is not the dessert for you. But if you do, then this is a must try. It’s not terribly unhealthy, and is a total crowd pleaser, so it is definitely something worth making for your next dinner party!
I particularly like to make this in small ramekins that are a personally portioned, both because it will help keep you from eating the whole thing, and because it looks prettier, duh! But, if it’s easier, you can bake it all together in a square pan and create bars. Though, be warned, I don’t find this treat particularly easy to get out of the pan…
Yield 6-8 servings
This is such an easy dessert to throw together, and it is made for coconut lovers.
- 1 can (390g) of condensed coconut milk (regular condensed milk will be fine too)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the condensed coconut milk, coconut milk, milk, and eggs. Then gently stir in the grated coconut.
- Grease a 9x9 baking dish or individual ramekins with coconut oil and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for about 25-35 minutes until golden brown on top.
Recipe adapted from Tastemade