Healthy Turkey Meatloaf
Yield 4-5 servings
A healthy take on America's comfort food...
- 1lb lean ground turkey (I tend to use 99%-lean for everything, but you can certainly use 93%)
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup sweet onion, minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cook uncooked couscous
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Barbecue sauce or Ketchup to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray your meatloaf pan (or pans for personal meatloaves) with olive oil.
- Use a grater to grate the zucchini. Once done, squeeze the zucchini with a cheesecloth or something similar to get rid of the excess water.
- Mix the turkey, zucchini, onion, bell pepper, couscous, egg, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Try not to over-mix.
- Place the mixture into your pan or divide the mixture into multiple pans. If you'd like, spread some BBQ sauce on top of the meatloaf to cook.
- Bake until cooked thoroughly. Timing will depend on your pan, but generally takes about 30-35 minutes. Use a thermometer to be safe -- when the temperature registers 165°F, they are all set!
- Allow to cool slightly, then serve with BBQ sauce or ketchup if desired.
Ever-so-slightly modified from Healthy in a Hurry